- The Basketball Professor has a great wrap-up of Round 19 of the NBL. Well worth a read to catch up.
- Here’s one I missed from last week. Asa Schuster (along with former Adelaide 36er, Sydney King and Denver Nugget, Kevin Brooks) has a look at the shooting styles of some of the strangest and greatest shooters in recent NBL history.
- John Rillie hits Facebook. Let’s see how all those friend requests come flooding in now, JR. Meanwhile, if you’re going to be at a Fox-televised NBL game soon, make sure you enter the JR, On Fire competition and bring a banner along to win yourself a nice bit of IT hardware. Quick, before DJ Rod gets his Mum along with a banner that he knocked up.
- Great BigPix at Asaspace, including my favourite, of Roger Shiels.
- Rob at NBAMate calls out Chris Paul for ruining stats for the rest of the point guards out there.
- The Toronto Sun: “It was a home debut four months in the making, but Nathan Jawai received a nice ovation on Sunday night as he played the final 1:49 of the club’s win over Sacramento. Jawai, sidelined since training camp because of a heart condition, was cleared to play a few days ago and played three minutes in Detroit last week.
The Aussie said the applause on Sunday gave him a nervous excitement.
“I’m sure people are eager to watch me play,” Jawai said. “I’m just not comfortable yet. I’m hoping I can get in shape and get back (full time).”
Donta Smith gives a “Happy Australia Day!” to the Melbourne Tigers with this dunk: